Sunday, January 10, 2010

Holy Mackerel!...

Ok, so I realize I haven't blogged in a while. But this new MAC is just so darn confusing! I mean, everything I thought I knew about technology and the media has just gone out the window. Bye Bye. And I've been doing that sort of stuff for a while now. But I'm a died in the wool PC girl!

My latest endeavor (not to just jump in head first with the most difficult thing I could imagine doing) has been to get all my 150 VHS tapes of my children's lives to digital. And there's about 6 hours worth of footage on each tape. This is where the math skills come in handy...

And so far so good, as far as converting them, but here's where the fun part starts.

In which format do I use to share them in on this thing? To save them for posterity? I've each of them saved in all of the following formats; wmv, mpg, avi, mov, mp4, m4v, mpeg-2. LOL. And it's like putting one person from every nation into one room and expecting them all to be able to communicate with each other. I have more and more admiration for lingualogists daily.

And I think this is gonna take a while...

Meanwhile... I've been finding lots of other cool things that my Mac can do...



I don't think those are Mackerels...

2 comments:

  1. Great photo! With time, you will come to LOVE your Mac with no going back. In 1985 I purchased the 2nd Mac every made. A tiny little box so far removed from the amazing bells and whistles of today's generation of Macs. Well, when I married Skip, a die hard PC man, no more Mac. For 12 years, I was bound to working on PCs which for me was computer hell. Good news - as a moving to ESVA gift to me - An Apple Computer!!!!!! YeeHaw!! So the Skipster has his two PC laptops at home and I have my beautiful Apple desktop. Hang in there! Love you....Addie xo

    ReplyDelete