Sunday, June 5, 2011

Anticlimactic...

So yes, I "graduated" about a month or so ago but just yesterday received my (very expensive) pictures in the mail... And I'm rather impressed with them because I always pictured myself being old and gray and hobbling across that stage on a cane by the time I finally got my degree. But in actuality, I didn't feel a day over 25... ok 55.



Here I am with the Dean (who I think is still most likely younger than me...)


But now for the anticlimactic (and depressing) part...

I only got to "walk" because I was graduating within the year. But I still have one more class to go... and it'll probably be my toughest one yet. Advanced Graphic Design! Seriously... who was I trying to kid? I have no idea about all this stuff!

So today I sat down and opened up "Illustrator" and started messing around just to start warming up and all, because I've never, ever used that program before in my life but have a feeling I'm going to have to use it ALOT this summer! And voila! A pencil! Drawn from scratch! Haha.



And a very useful tool to have too, I suppose, when one is going back to school...

4 comments:

  1. Haha...good luck mom! You look great in that picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture! The pencil I mean :) haha jk,you do look great in your graduation pic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me? You did that on your first go at Illustrator?! You are awesome. Imagine what you could do with a stylus and an iPad....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Mel! I SO want a styllus and an iPad. Dreamin'! No seriously! I'm still trying to pay off my MAC! But those will definitely be some of my next 18 month same-as-cash purchases!

    ReplyDelete