Wednesday, June 5, 2013

From 0 to 86 in Three Days on ALOT of Wheels... (Aspen Grove)

Don't ask me to explain the title. It was really just the first thing I came up with...

Anyway, just returned from a fun filled weekend in Provo Canyon for the Salisbury reunion at Aspen Grove!... sadly minus the patriarch. :(

We've had several family reunions and attempted a ton of family pictures but this one was pretty amazing in that only two of our family members were missing and then (unfortunately) only three who had actully been there are missing from the photo...

But still, what a great photo!

We had a wonderful time and I had the opportunity to get a glimpse into just how incredibly awesome and FUN my parents' progenitors actually are!

Of course I've always KNOWN that about mine...


Me and My Girls

My Top 10 Memories...

  • Everyone arriving!
  • Calder calling me Jannet. Yes, just Jannet...
  • The view from my window!
  • Mini-golf and Shuffleboard.
  • Jade at 3:00am saying "Grandma I can't sleep! You're being too noisy!"
  • All the Dining Hall antics.
  • Rachel chasing the train... (pricless!)
  • The view from the pottery studio.
  • Apples To Apples, Pictionary and Rummikub
  • Zumba at 7:00am on the badminton court.

Not to negate at ALL all the hugs from my grandkids (and kids!) and watching the kids play while also seeing watching their parents enjoying a few rare moments of alone time...

And did I mention how great it was to be able to finally spend some good quality time with my mom? (Thanks for the help Aaron!)


I'm being completely serious here. She had SUCH a great time! And so thank you to everyone who helped make that possible! She'd been planning this reunion for such a long, long time! And overall, I think it turned out to be absolutely perfect! Everything she'd dreamed of. And I dare say that goes for the rest of us too...

You can see the rest of the reunion pics here

1 comment:

  1. This looks like the most awesome place! Love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete