Friday, February 14, 2014

My Awesome Valentine's Day Card!...

First of all, I realize that it must have been well intended, and that the 12 year old boys from church who hand delivered this letter to me (along with a pink carnation) were really only doing it out of love and well... probably also as a service project. But still.

Valentine's Day is not a day I typically get depressed about.

And so to keep it that way, I probably could have done without this... (especially the part highlighted in yellow.)

Really?

*SIGH*

Don't get me wrong, the message itself was beautiful, after all it was written by President Hinckley, but it still makes me a little sad to think that I am now on "the list" of lonely spinsters. Because, in my mind I am still "somewhat" hip and cool... but then again maybe I'm alone in that thought.

And so in truth, this was probably not my best Valentine's Day card ever.

But, oh well.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Anyway.

5 comments:

  1. They may have meant well, but they need to know that they should be a little more sensitive, and not send these heartfelt, assumtive, form letters to a "list" of women who they assume are sad and also that they read their scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the hippest Mom I know! Happy Valentine's Day, I really hate this holiday anyways…. Love you, DBomb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, my word verification was "roses"…..barf. -Your 2nd daughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both! And Happy Valentine's Day! Smilling hard. Love you!

    ReplyDelete