Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Very Best Summer Ever!... Part 2

Well, it's only taken me until November to get this blog posted, and probably because Fall is definitely my busiest (and most stressful) time of year.

And just to prove that point...

What is wrong with this picture?

But back to summer...

Due to my job and yardwork they usually fly so quickly by, not giving me much time to enjoy myself. (Not that I don't enjoy both of them immensely! :) But what I discovered this year was that, by making plans to get outside and do something in the evenings and on weekends, it always just made the days seem to last so much longer and so in a sense seemed to give me much more time.

So anyway.. I'd take really, really long walks every weekend and somewhat shorter walks in the evenings. In the meantime I discovered SO many wonderful paths and trails along the way.


Please see The Very Best Summer Ever! Part 1 :)

And then after that, one thing led to another and I found myself paddling down the Thornapple River several times during the season (which has now led me into a full blown obsession of one day living on the water!)


"Portage-ing" the Ada Dam


Under the Ada Covered Bridge

And let's not forget about that trip to Idaho in June to visit the kids and the grandkids.

And the endless hours of Yardwork

You have to admit though... Isn't it gorgeous???

Last Stop Art Prize! (If you don't know what it is you can click here to read about it.)

Though typically thought of as a Fall event, the weather was so beautifully gorgeous the entire 3 weeks that it's definitely going into the Summer pile.

I think Cheryl and I must have gone down town for hours of exploring artwork no fewer than 10 times! Ok, I exaggerate, but it was a blast!


Infinity Boxes


EggPrize


NOW


Outcry


:)

In fact I got into it so much that I even had my own on-line "List" of all the pieces I voted for.

Here's a picture of me (taken by Cheryl, of course) with the 2014 Winning Entry.


Intersections by Anila Quayyum Agha

Anyway... What a great summer it's been and just SO hard to let go of what has been one of the best ones in a really, really long time.

I had SO much fun and SO many great moments that I had to stick the rest of my pictures into a slideshow.


Summer Slideshow

And now? Welcome to Snowvember!


No comments:

Post a Comment