Saturday, March 14, 2015

My 15 Minute Mile...

I just jogged a mile in "just under" 15 minutes! (oh my... really???)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

So, somehow I've come up with this crazy idea of wanting to do the Fifth Third River Bank Run this year.

Not the 25k... Lord no! Just the 5k, but STILL... I just turned 60! Wow, that sounds really old all of a sudden!.. even though I still feel like I'm only, maybe 35... or 40 at the very most!

That is, until I try to run!

Oh my goodness, whoever knew running could be THIS HARD???!!!

Even though I've been doing some pretty serious walking for quite awhile now... this running thing is a completely different beast! A killer beast in fact! So why in the world do I even wanna try to do this? I truly have no idea.. In fact none, whatsoever!!!

Nonetheless, I went out today in yet another attempt to tame it. And I ran as hard as I could and as fast as I could for as long as I could (which was actually not very far or very fast..) and it was still the very best I could do!

For some reason this has just become this obsessive THING of mine, this crazy idea that I have in my head... and I just REALLY wanna do one of these 5k's at least ONCE in my lifetime... AND SUCCEED... and not humiliate myself too terribly much in the meantime.

And well... so here I am on Day One of my "official" 5k training schedule just trying to figure it all out...

5 comments:

  1. I THOUGHT about running for a few seconds during my morning walk. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You betcha! Just "thinking about it" definitely counts! Are you sure I can't talk you into it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No thanks. I'll be enjoying a nice, peaceful walk in the woods that morning. Or, I could be a really good friend and get up at 5 AM, find a place to park (hopefully within 3.107 miles from downtown) and stand in the cold (and rain?) to cheer you on. If you don't see me, it's only because I'll be somewhere lost in the crowd. :)
    But seriously, you're gonna have so much fun . . . and you will want to do the 10K next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Cheryl! Especially the part about finding a parking spot within 3.107 miles. Funny you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome mom! I'm so proud of you! I did my first 5K last summer and I really enjoyed it. I ran with friends, and we helped push each other. Just bring some good music and it will fly by :)

    ReplyDelete