Friday, October 9, 2015

It's Stitch Fix Day #4!...

I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow, but look what was on my doorstep when I got home from work today!!!


Yay!

Yep, almost like Christmas!

My last Fix was SO great and so I just couldn't wait to rip that tissue paper off to find out what my personal stylist Ashley had picked out for me THIS time!

In case you haven't heard of Stitch Fix... it's a personal styling service where they send you five different items to try on in the comfort of your home and you decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back. And you get a couple of days to try everything on with every single thing that's in your closet, which is what I think I love the most about this service! Plus, I never fail to receive some really fun and unique items that I would never find just browsing the racks at the mall (which I absolutely hate doing anyway!)

Anyway, it's pretty much all explained in my first Stitch Fix Review if you want to check out all the details (and also take a look at some of the fun things I've already received!)

**I do feel that I should make a disclaimer here that everything you receive will definitely NOT be the absolute perfect style for you (especially at first) but the more feedback you give your stylist (which Stich Fix strongly encourages) the better your next Fix will be! And you can also post your fashion "wants" on Pinterest which your stylist will always take into serious consideration and do hers or his very best to accomodate.

But without further ado, here's what was beneath Fix #Four's tissue paper!... Ta-Da!

The Giana Open Drape Cardigan by RD Style - $68... Honestly this drapey cardigan felt so incredibly soft and snuggly and I really wanted to love it, but sadly it hung on me like it didn't have any idea which way it wanted to hang. On the plus side, it did keep me really, really warm for a couple of minutes.

Verdict - Back It Goes

The Queensland Dolman Jersey Top by 41Hawthorn - $48... Just no. This one didn't have any idea how to hang on me either, plus I have enough drab colored tops in my closet already to last me the rest of my life.

Verdict - Bye Bye

The Anita Skinny Pant by Liverpool - $78... Oh my goodness!

Ok so I think this is probably the 3rd pair of pants they've sent me and each one of them I have absolutely loved! How is it that I can't ever seem to find a pair of pants that ever fit me at the store yet somehow Stitch Fix always gets it right?!! What an wonderful pair of skinny's... and in the most amazing "fallish" shade of dark olive green!

Verdict - Don't even try to talk me out of keeping these!

The Ackley Houndstooth Print Blouse by 41Hawthorne - $68... Perfect example of how your stylist checks out your Pinterest page because I pinned this exact blouse a couple of weeks ago! First of all, I don't dress like this...at all! Anyone who knows me knows I'm a total jeans and t-shirt kind of person. But StitchFix is helping me one tiny step at a time to break out of that mold. And anyway, who said you had to wear a blouse like this with professional business wear in mind?

I think it'll work just fine for me paired with jeans, boots and a lovely mustard, brick red or chartreuse cardigan. So many possibilities!
Verdict - It already has a hanger with it's name on it!

And now, for one of my toughest decision of the day... (heh)
The Zelli Split Back Tee by Market & Spruce - $48... Please humor my first experience with selfie photos because I'm not very comfortable with these! But anyway... I absolutely LOVE this top! Love it! No seriously! And it feels so incredibly comfortable on that I think I would probably want to sleep in it every night if it weren't so expensive.

And seriously, I wouldn't even question keeping this one if it didn't have the odd and funny split back thing going on back there and I'm honestly not sure if I love that or hate it. I guess it would be a whole lot easier to decide if I had eyes in the back of my head...

Plus, I already have something similar (see up right in photo). Except that THIS aztec print is a really deep dark purple (which you can't probably see) so it's actually quite different from the black and white racerback from Fix #3. :)

Verdict - Jury's still out. Help?

And so anyway, you can have just as much fun with this as me every month... or every other month... or every six months!.. or however often you choose to do it. I absolutely love the "no obligation" thing!
Meanwhile, thanks so much to my friends who read my last blog and used MY REFERRAL LINK to order their first FIX because by scheduling your first Fixes I got a $75 credit off of this one! So maybe I can afford to buy that cute and cozy Zelli Tee afterall!.. :)

And yes, once you sign up you will get your own referral link too! :)

Anyway, I've never been much of a salesperson but when I find something that works well for me I have a much easier time selling it. So I would just say give it a try!

And if you do, please don't forget to come back and let me know what you think. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment