Friday, October 8, 2010

It's Really Great Having My Kitchen Counter Back!...

Because this took me nearly three weeks!



The culmination of a homework assignment, which was to create a still life drawing conveying a light source, line value and texture (but without the use of shading.) That will be our next lesson I guess...

I haven't even thought of what to name this piece. Any ideas? Just off the top of my head I'm considering "Things That Haven't Been Out of My Kitchen Cupboards in Probably 10 Years"...


P.S...

I figured I'd share my classroom project in this blog as well. Same concept, same assignment... except that it's WAY more enjoyable to do these things at home, sitting in a cozy chair, listening to my own music rather than standing at an easel barely tolerating the freakish music my Professor chooses to play.

The upside to this classroom project, however, was that I didn't have to clean it up...

5 comments:

  1. Ondrea's Kitchen

    That is just amazing! You are so very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that is incredible! Really mom, that's better and more detail than any drawing I did in my drawing class. You're talented. I'll think of a name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Good job mom, you are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!!

    Next year... Artprize!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Jannet! Your title seems perfect. Nice to see the lonely, neglected rolling pin again. Maybe I'll go looking for mine and make a pie crust or something. Or maybe not. :)

    ReplyDelete