Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Resolution...

I was thinking a lot about this today...

And it was hard, because there are so many things to resolve NOT to do... and for me there are plenty of possibilities there. But I can still fit into a size 10... so thank goodness dieting isn't one of them...

So my question tonight is... What IS a resolution? Is it something you stop?... or something you start?

Stopping is really hard... but seriously...so is starting sometimes! And this next thing has always been an especially hard one for me to start.



And I mean being thankful for everything! The joy and the pain, the good and the bad, the ups and downs, the effortless and difficult, the springs and the winters... inclusively... because everything's exactly the way it is, for a purpose! For our good. And everything is it's own "gift" for us to accept in whichever way we choose. (This has always been such a difficult thing for me to wrap my mind around.) And I have SO much more to be thankful for than I could ever NOT be thankful for, in a million years. A million years! It's all... perfect. It is. So why do I keep blabbering to myself in such negative ways sometimes? I'd give examples, but I don't want you to hear them.

(Ya'll really have no idea how hard this is going to be for me.. do you?)

So that's my resolution for tomorrow... and then the next day after that... and the next day after that.

I'm going to give it my best shot.

Anyway...sorry for confusing the holidays.

2 comments:

  1. Well said, my dear friend. With all that this past year has brought my way, this really helps put things in perspective: Not what a hard year it was but instead - that I had the gift of spending almost every day of that last year with her. I so loved what you said and I so love you, number 23.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was beautiful mom :) Good luck, I'll try to do the same.

    ReplyDelete