Saturday, January 15, 2011

What's In A Name?...

I can't tell you how many times over the past week, when I've told people the names of my new grandsons, they've said... "Wow, super cool names... but where did their parents come up with them?"

Well, I'm really not sure... so I'm just taking a stab here. Whitney and Aaron, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Aaron Everest
Well, his first name is obvious, but his middle name not so much. Until you see this...


Grand Tetons


And while it's not exactly Mt. Everest, ya still get the gist, right?

Calder Reed
Even given his daddy's middle name as his middle name, his first one would still remain mysterious if it weren't for the fact that his daddy is a sculptor and his mommy grew up in Grand Rapids. Anyway, here's a pretty cool pic of both his mommy AND his namesake...


Calder Plaza Grand Rapids

Making a little more sense now?

And then there's Jade who was named after her mommy's middle name, which came by no other reason except that I loved it and it was also the name of the heroine in "Endless Love." And Rachel who I think was probably named by her parents, Daryn and Jon, to ensure that nobody would ever, EVER mistake her for a boy... and plus it's a really pretty name.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty great explanation :) I get that a lot too. I'll just direct people to your blog. And just to add one thing, Aunt Carol actually suggested the name Calder, and we loved it because of the reasons you listed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also suggested the name Calder....remember Whit??? :)

    ReplyDelete