Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Finally! A Snow Day for Grownups...

Apparently we just had one of the biggest snowstorm in these parts in over a decade. One of the biggest? Well, I've been here for 2 decades and I don't remember any of them being bigger.

But the even bigger news was that work was cancelled. Seriously. And that's never happened in the 17 years I've worked for this company!

I don't have any meteorologist equipment on hand or anything so this isn't exactly precise but still, it was a lot.



I tried to find the most accurate place in my yard to stick my measurer. I know that it looks like a drift, but it's not.

Speaking of drifts... I just went out front to attempt to shovel my driveway and promptly came right back in. I think I'll just take a nap.

Oh yes, and my class has been cancelled for tonight as well.

So sad...

4 comments:

  1. Yep, they closed Notre Dame today too. I didn't think Universities ever closed down. I am so grateful I did my grocery shopping yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! Because who wants to eat from their food storage, right?!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, like you've never eaten from food storage. Actually, when you come we'll have to show you our collection of freeze dried food storage because its actually really good stuff!

    So glad you get a day off. I guess I don't need to tell you to drive safe if you decide to go out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The forecast for Boise this weekend is about 50 degrees. I think i'll stay here :)

    ReplyDelete