Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break Part 2... Tetonia, Idaho...

Just got back from spending a wonderful week with my daughters, my son-in-laws, and my 4 very beautiful grandchildren! I just don't get out there nearly often enough!!!


Apparently nobody else does either...


The neighborhood...

I just don't know how they function living out there. Even though, I have to admit it IS absolutely gorgeous! God's country for sure! How I love this little house!


(Much, much bigger inside than it looks btw.) Nothing could possibly be any cozier during a sweeping blizzard inside there with the fireplace blazing. And I love the little footbridge over the stream (off to the left) that Aaron's brother built, and which they get to enjoy for at least 4 months out of every year.

Streams, rivers, mountains, ridges and lots and lots of snow covered dirt roads. These next scenes are only about a mile or so from the house...

*clickable*



And so, I guess if I'm being totally honest... I have to admit that I'd really like nothing more than to live in a place like this someday. But just not until I retire and don't have to be at work at 7:30 every morning... Because seriously, when you wake up at 6 am and look out of the window, you feel as if you are totally at the end of the earth...

But enough about Geography...

The real reason for my visit...


Storytime with Jade...


Being beat at Dr. Mario by a three year old...


Playing in the snow... because you can just never, ever get enough of all that stuff, ya know?


Holding that beautiful Rachel...


Melting at her infectious smile!...


Finally meeting the boys...


Crazy...


A duet...

The 28 hour flight home including the late night stopover at that seedy motel was somehow all completely worth it!...

1 comment:

  1. Somehow your goodbye post to Clay fandom was emotional for me :( You do realize it has been almost as big a part of my life as yours right?? What with all the talking I've done to friends and family about my mom's "crush", and I did in fact think maybe there was a chance I could end up with him for a little while. I did have the connections.

    Anyway, I've said it before, but I just love looking at my own pictures so much more when they're on your clever little blog :)

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete