Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Thankful Mom...



I was just thinking today about all the things I have to be thankful for... (how timely!) There is just so much! A warm home, a job, health, family, friends, two cats... a fun and fulfilling past and present...

And then I squint my eyes... and what I see MORE clearly than anything is how thankful I am to have had the wonderful privilege of raising two beautiful daughters... and of all the memories I have of them growing up. And then.. I think about how it was in those moments of sending each of them off to college, and being scared to death knowing they were now out there all alone and facing the world on their own... and missing them. It was really hard! And sometimes it all seems like just weeks ago!

So really, what I ended up really thinking about today is how very thankful I am that both of them (as impossibly far away as they could ever be from me nowadays) are at this moment now each surrounded by their own wonderful family... who love them every bit as much as I do! At least!

So... not too shabby a thing for a mom to be thankful for on this day of thanks, eh?

2 comments:

  1. I love you mom!!! Thank you for being my mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time on the computer since Tuesday, sorry I missed this! You're wonderful. You're welcome here with our family any time :) Hope your drawing is going well. love you!

    ReplyDelete