Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Matter Of Terribly Crappy Customer Service ~ an anagram...

C.O.M.C.A.S.T...

It all started after those really fierce storms we had the beginning of August. And I lost cable. Or at least I thought I did. But when I called Comcast two days later they swore there had been no outage in my area... so it must be my computer.

Well a few days later, figuring that my Ethernet port had just been fried I called the Geek Squad who happily took on the assignment of setting me up with WiFi for a mere 102 bucks. And it worked just fine for a couple of days...

But then Geek Squad agent #2 came out and swore that my new outage had nothing to do with my computer and it must be my cable. Which Comcast then finally confirmed...

So as of August 13th I've been up and running thanks to a Comcast repair man who came over and put a temporary patch on my line and ordered a completely new one to be buried. Miss Dig came by the very next day! Wow, what super fast service!!! That was 3 weeks ago...

Since then I've been to Utah and back, mowed and weed-wacked around those flags three whole times and called Comcast more times than you could shake one of those flags at. Each time, my work order has been "escalated" with a promise of a call back within 48 hours. Meanwhile, it's now Labor Day weekend and I have to keep apologizing to my neighbors who also have to keep carefully mowing and weed-wacking...





Now I know those pictures probably aren't that seriously impressive. They'd probably be more so if I'd had the presence of mind to take some "before" pictures... Because then I'm pretty sure you'd be really, really impressed! (As if you're not already impressed enough at the time I spend mowing my lawn as it is...)

I wonder what Comcast would do if I just decided to not pay my bill. I'm pretty sure they'd just report me as a bad credit risk and cut my service. But if this irresponsiveness on their part lasts for much longer, what recourse does someone like me have? I guess I could always just smash my box!... And then where would I be? Not writing this blog dissing Comast, thats for sure. Sometimes consumerism sucks.

And just for the record... I didn't do this to my box.



Though I did try to put back as best I could the parts that I found just laying on my lawn 3 weeks ago...


3 comments:

  1. Oh For Heaven's Sake. I hate when big business gives us bad or worse service and NO alternatives! How about a consumer advocate at a local TV news station or the better business bureau? I could live without TV but certainly not without the "internets":)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! But the Better Business Bureau? I mean this is Comcast we're talking about. Or oh I'm
    sorry... XFinity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow mom, the yard looks great! :) Flags and all :)

    ReplyDelete