Friday, October 28, 2011

And Now Jadie is Four!


Out of 365 days, how did I end up with two granddaughters whose birthdays are a day apart... and just days before Halloween? I'm pretty sure they'll be completely sick of scary pumpkin and spiderweb cupcakes before they're twelve.

Trust me...

But today is the day to honor MISS JADE and that wonderful early morning that she came into the world!

Whitney had called me from the hospital really late at night, so I knew it was inevitable, but I still didn't have any trouble sleeping. Because what could I do from 2,000 miles away anyway? Childbirth is so much easier when you're the grandma! But don't get me wrong, I still had wonderful, smiling dreams that night about my soon to be born, toe-headed blond, first granddaughter.

And then Aaron called me right before the crack of dawn to announce that Jade was here!... and that she had the thickest crop of black hair he'd ever seen.

And I'd simply LOVE to be able to share a picture of that adorable thick head of black hair right here and now, but I've been given the error message "Image cannot be uploaded due to an internal error" for about 4 hours now!

Don't you just love it when technology is on your side?... And on your granddaughter's birthday yet!!!!

Anyway, please trust me. She was beautiful then... but she's even MORE beautiful now! With an unruly crop of lightish brown hair!

Happy Birthday Jadie!!!

I love you!

Grandma Jannet

AND I"LL SEE YOU SOON!

*whines*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

FINALLY!


One day old...

AND


Four years old!..

1 comment:

  1. So sweet mom, thanks! And honestly, I slept pretty good during those early morning hours too, after the epidural kicked in :) Anyway, I'll share this with Jade. I'll post pictures after she's opened her gifts.

    ReplyDelete