Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Miss Rachel!...

My sweet little granddaugther Rachel turned ONE today. And so how can that be?

Can you slow it down just a little bit Ray?

Not that I don't want you to learn to walk and talk and read on schedule or anything like that, but it would just be really great to be able to be there the first time you do SOMETHING... anything. Perhaps it'll be your first dance recital? Or maybe the first time you discover the joys of Sushi...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it!

I just miss my big girl!



A Letter to Rachel (Written a couple of weeks ago)

Happy Birthday Rachel! I can't believe you're a year old already!

I remember when your mom and dad found out they were going to have you and I was so happy to hear that I was going to have another sweet granddaughter. And then I was especially excited to see your very first pictures that the doctor took when you were still in your mommy's tummy. I think it's amazing how they can do that these days. And well you just had the most perfect little head and feet and I just knew that you were going to be a beautiful baby. And were you ever! When I saw that first picture of you in your bassinet after you were born, I told everyone that I'd never seen a newborn that looked more alert and well... just any more perfect.

I live so far away right now, but I've still gotten the chance to hold you and rock you and play with you and see you grow three different times already since you were born. So that's good! The first time when you were 3 weeks old, and then twice again when you were 6 months and 10 months. I'm hoping that I'm able to continue doing that as you grow up so that I can experience all your little first things, even if I don't get to see you do all those things the very first time. I hear that you just took your first steps the other day, and I'm so very sad that I wasn't there to see it. But I know I will smile SO big the first time I hear you say Grandma!

You are such a precious little girl and I look forward to watching you grow and seeing all of your accomplishments. You have a long and wonderful life ahead of you and I know that you will live it well... and that you will be a wonderful daughter to your mom and dad and make them proud. I'm so proud of you already!

I think the best thing your mom ever sent me was a video of you laughing. I watched it over and over again and couldn't stop smiling. It just made my whole day, that day! Make sure mom saves that one for you forever and ever, ok?

This is getting too long, so I'll just say that I can't wait to see your beautiful little face again and to give you a big hug and kiss! I hope I'll be able to move out closer to you soon!

Love you Rachel! Hope you have a wonderful 1st Birthday! Tell your mom and dad to take lots and lots of pics of you eating your delicious 1st birthday cake!


Rachel eating her delicious 1st birthday cake...



Thanks mom and dad!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks mom :) You're a wonderful Grandma, and even if you can't be here all the time...I will show rachel pictures of you and make sure that when she sees you she'll run up to you and know exactly who you are!....her Grammy!
    Love you mom <3

    ReplyDelete