Saturday, March 16, 2013

My "GoTo" Vacation Destination of Choice...

Who'd have ever thought?

There are folks at my workplace who travel the world. There are a few who somehow manage to take a cruise (or two) each year. Some regularly visit the historical sites of the East and South or take in the dazzling excitement and rhythm of say, New York, Las Vegas or Chicago. Others enjoy the many resplendent offerings of nature in the Northwest, Northeast... or at least the Michigan lakeshore.

For me? It's...

Because, you see, Idaho is HOME to all my little spuds. (Ok kids, I realize that I'm really stretching the humor a bit here.) But seriously? Right now there is nowhere else I would rather be. For reals!


Here's Rachel enjoying some of her mommy's homemade potato soup...


Is that a potato I spy on the 3rd plate from the left?


I'm pretty sure this is NOT a potato. Perhaps a very large fry???

But seriously (just as a side note) I have never, ever seen a potato field at any time during my travels there.

Anyway, I've just returned, haven't even finished unpacking but have already booked my next flight back! I just miss all of these little fries so much already! Both the small and the supersized...

*end of potato humor*

What a crew at the Boise Zoo!

They were pretty much every which way!

But I SO enjoyed being able to spend that time with them!

And SO glad Whitney's family was able to make the trip over to Boise!

I LOVED this evening!

Good job Jon! On both counts!

One of my favorite pictures of the week!

Cousins!

Also glad that Gramma was able to make the trip as well! It was great to see her... and I know it meant so much to her to hold these little ones!

The Old Idaho State Penetentiary was very, very interesting. And it seriously made me want to never, EVER do anything bad...

I'm sure these probably have to be some of the cutest picture ever taken inside of that place...

Talk about juxtaposition...

Yeah, I know I've already shared a ton of pictures but not nearly a fraction of what I wish I could share. Somehow my life has pretty much become defined now by a series of photos I'm able to share maybe twice a year. So just two more, ok?

Shaylee and Me


Me and Loch

I think I might just leave that old, dusty, beige, zippered suitcase on my bedroom floor where it is right now. Perhaps I won't even finish unpacking.

And maybe this will be my view the next time I visit... but hopefully without the snow.

See? Not a potato field in sight!

So anyway, yeah... I am just really missing all of my little tater tots right now! Hoping to be able to permanently peel myself away from GR and mash myself closer to you sometime in the not too distant future.

And in the meantime... BE PROUD!

Couldn't resist!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't even think there were that many potato metaphors :) Way to go. I'm sad you left because the weather is GORGEOUS! we've been outside for 2 days. Can't wait for May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to say the same thing about the metaphors...you came up with a veritable fry basket full of them! Thanks for all the pix. I enjoy keeping up with you and your growing family. Just waiting for the day you post that you're going out there for good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My co-worker Renee has brought to my attention that I should have used "Eye miss all of my little sweet potatoes!" Next time I'll consult her before posting...

    ReplyDelete